Being a content creator, you would need several thumbnail images from YouTube and every time you go for the same you would find them in very low resolution. Plus, the process isn’t too hard and you can get your high-resolution images in seconds.
So if you are looking to grab the thumbnail of someone else’s video or your own video, and download it in high resolution, you just need to follow simple steps to download the same. You can use our thumbnail downloader website to download it.
How To Download YouTube Thumbnail Images?
There are multiple ways where you can download the thumbnail from YouTube, but you won’t be satisfied by the quality of the image. You can simply screenshot the whole page and then add out the thumbnail portion for your image. But if you are using it for a blog or PPT presentation, this image would look distorted. This would happen because of the fact that the image would be of low quality and low resolution. Usually, you would just right-click on the image and you would get the download option, but this is not the same for YouTube.
On YouTube, if you take your cursor over the video, then a preview of the video starts playing rather than any option to download or use the image. So even though you cannot go with the usual way of downloading an image, there are many tricks that you can use to download the thumbnail images in high resolution. These tricks are mentioned below. They are as follows: –
Method #1: Using Your Video ID To View The Thumbnail
- Go to the video that you want to download the thumbnail.
- Now, go for the 11-digit alphanumeric code of the video. You can find the same in the link above.
- There are two links that I have provided below which you need to tweak a bit to download your images. These two links are as follows: –
- The part of the link which has ‘ID’ has to be replaced by the 11-digit alphanumeric code. Eg:-
- Before :- https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ID/hqdefault.jpg
- After:- https://i.ytimg.com/vi/XqZsoesa55w/hqdefault.jpg
- Also you need to understand that the first link provided will give you the default resolution of the image that is present in your video, and the second link which is the maxresdefault link would give you the maximum resolution possible for this image.
- If you do not have the maximum resolution possible for an image in your video it would show an error of 404 not found.
- Now paste the link in the search bar and hit enter.
- You would be greeted by the image from the thumbnail. Right-click on the image and download it.
Method #2: Using The Source Code
Every webpage has a source code and you can use the same to download a YouTube video thumbnail. Well, most of the YouTube users don’t know about it so we thought to share exact step-by-step on this page. You will have to look for the image tag on the source code page and then you will be able to get the exact image URL. If you are new to the source code page, just follow the steps mentioned below to download YouTube video thumbnail using the source code method.
- In this method, you would be utilizing the source code of your video to download the image in high resolution.
- Open the video on YouTube that you want on your browser and not on the app.
- Press CTRL+U and the source code will open on your right side.
- If you don’t know what a source code is, you would get multiple lines of codes in HTML on your right-hand side.
- Search for ‘og:image’ in the code, or you can directly press CTRL+F and write ‘og:image’ in the search bar.
- Just beside where you have the code of the image, you would have a JPG link.
- Copy that link and paste it into your browser to open your image in high resolution.
- Now you can simply right-click on the image, and download it or you can select the option of ‘Save image as’ and select its directory.
Method #3: Using YouTube Thumbnail Downloader Sites
Before we go on to the points of how to use this method, let me inform you in advance, that this method is among the easiest methods to download YouTube video thumbnails for free. There are countless sites available out there that allows you to download YouTube video thumbnails without sign up and registration. Just follow the steps as it is given below to download YouTube thumbnail without any difficulties: –
- Open the YouTube video of which you want to download thumbnail.
- Copy the entire URL of that video from the address bar.
- Now open YouTube video thumbnail downloader website.
- Paste the copied URL in the box and click on Get Thumbnail Image.
- Just in a few seconds, 5 images of different sizes will show up on your screen.
- You can right-click on any image and save it on your device.
- Alternatively, you can also click on Download HD Thumbnail Image or Download SD Thumbnail Image to download the YouTube video thumbnail.
So, these were some of the best ways to download YouTube video thumbnails and we hope you have found this post helpful. There might be more ways available to do so but we will recommend you to stick with the methods mentioned on this page.
Also, do not pay for YouTube video thumbnail downloaders as it can be done for free as you might have seen above. We will keep this post updated with more ways to download YouTube thumbnail images, so keep visiting this page to know about it.